Bibliography and Resources
- Padilla R, Balikov S, Sports Dentistry Coming of Age in the 90's, Journal California Dental Association, April 1993 p27- 34.
- Padilla R, Dorney B, Balikov S, Mouthguards-Prevention of Oral Injuries, Journal California Dental Association, March 1996, Vol 24, No.3.
- Bailey D, Physical Activity and the Attainment of Peak Bone Mass in Children., The Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 26 March/June 94 (1/2) : 3 - 5
- Tavener M, Payne W, The Effects of Participation in a 'Health of Primary Schools Program' on the Physical Fitness of Children, The Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, September 1993 25 (3):84-85.
- Flanders Raymond A Mohandas BHAT, The Incidence of Oro Facial Injuries in Sport A Pilot Study in Illinois, JADA, Vol 126, April 1995, pp 491-6.
- Dental Injury Fact Sheet., National Youth Sports Foundation for the Prevention of Athletic Injury Inc., Needham, Massachusetts, C 1992.
- Reports of Councils and Bureau's Mouth Protectors :, 11 Years on JADA, Vol 86 June 1973.
- Heintz W D, Mouth Protection in Sports, The Physician and Sportsmedicine, Vol 7 No 2 Feb 1979.
- Chapman P J, Nasser B P, Attitudes to Mouthguards and Prevalence of Orofacial Injuries in Four Teams Competing at the Second World Cup., British Journal Sports Medicine, 1993: 27(3)pp 197-199.
- Harmer P A, Protective Equipment in Womens Lacrosse., Sport Health Australian, Vol 11,No. 3,pp14-17.
- Bolhuis J H A, Jeurs J M M, Floger G E, Dental and Facial Injuries in International Field Hockey, British Journal Sports Medicine, Vol 21, No 4, Dec. 1987,pp 174 - 177
- Upson N, Dental Injuries and the Attitudes of Rugby Players to Mouthguards, British Journal Sports Medicine, Vol 16 No 4 December 1982, pp 241 - 244.
- Stokes A N, Chapman P J, Mouthguards, Dental Traumas and the 1990 All Blacks:, New Zealand Journal of Sports Medicine., Summer 1991, pp 66-67.
- Dennis C, Parker D A S, Mouthguards in Australian Sport Australian Sport, Australian Dental Journal, June 1972, pp226- 235.
- Chapman P J, Conclusion in Contact Sports and Importance of Mouthguards in Protection, The Australian Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, March 1995, 23-27.
- Clegg J H, Letters to the Editor, British Dental Journal, 1966, October 4.
- Turner C H, Mouth Protectors, British Dental Journal, Vol 143 No 3, 1977 pp 82-86.
- Davis G T and Knott S C, Dental Trauma in Australia, Australian Dental Journal, August 1984. Vol. 29, No. 4, pp 217-231.
- Brisbane Schoolboy Swallows Mouthguard, Brisbane Australia Sunday Mail, Article 25/06/95
- Guevara P A, Ranalli D N, Techniques for Mouthguard Fabrication, Dental Clinics of North America, Vol 35, No 4, Oct 1991, pp 667-67.
- Chaconas S J, Caputo A A, Bakke N K, A Comparison of Athletic Mouthguard Materials, The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 1985 Vol 13, No 3, PP 193-197.
- Pinkham J R, Kohn D W, Epidemiology and Prediction of Sports Related Traumatic Injuries, Dental Clinics of America, Vol 35, No 4, October 1991, pp 609-625.
- Duda M, Which Athletes Should Wear Mouthguards?, The Physician and Sports Medicines, Vol 15, No 9, September 87.